Friday, August 23, 2013

Diva Challenge #132

This weeks Diva Challenge really was a challenge.  We were instructed to use our non dominant hand to create a piece using the tangle Bales.  So for about an hour I was a "lefty."  It was very interesting to say the least. At first I was very uncomfortable, but the more I got into the piece the easier it became.  However I could not help thinking about all the people with disabilities and all the obstacles they over come each day.  My challenge had a begin time and and end time.  Theirs does not.  "But for the grace of God go I"  
Thanks again Laura for the stretching our creativity and our compassion.

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. The dabbling strings are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Meghan. It was an eye opening challenge.

      Delete
  2. Great, also the shading.
    My husband is slightly spastic and writing is very, very hard to do. Thank you for thinking of people like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, I can honestly say that it was an eye opening experience, I will never judge anyone, because we just never know what others are dealing with until we walk a mile in their shoes. Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  3. I like the "netting" effect that your shading accomplished. I also like how you extended the patterns and tapered with the strings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog Donald. Laura comes up with some great challenges, this was no exception.

      Delete
  4. It is so fabulous to see your shading and the effect, it looks like smocking and I love it! My favorite so far because you have used the non-dom and made it your own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeeAnn for visiting my blog, it was a true challenge, in many ways. It forced my brain to do some thinking!! That's a good thing!!!

      Delete
  5. Your non-dom Bales is so ORGANIC! I definitely love the way you left your ending lines loose, it gives me a sense of breath...oh my, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cecillia, by using my left hand if forced me to loosen up on my pen grip! And a more loose and free flowing tangle was the result! Another great challenge from Laura!!

      Delete