Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mixed Media 4.5" x 7.25"
watercolor paper on card stock, watercolors, blown ink,
pen, graphite and collage images.

Here are my thoughts that inspired this piece.

Lost
Susan Rink Olsen

How is it possible that after 57 years of life I feel 5 again?...and lost.  
Alone in a crowd of strangers....with no sign of mom.
My eyes dart from face to face looking for that familiar one.
My legs carry me in circles looking for someone to help 
And my hand reaches for hers...only it’s not there.
How is it possible that after 57 years of life I feel scared, lost and alone?
My mind tells me that she’s in a better place, 
and as a Christian I know 
we will see each other again.
But grief has cast it’s shadow.
And I am 5 again....and lost.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, Susan. Nobody can replace "Mom". Your piece is both beautiful and heart-wrenching. Thank you for sharing such an intimate frame of reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth, God has blessed me with many angels both here and in spirit. My art is also a tremendous source of comfort and therapy during this difficult time. I appreciate your kind thoughts. Time heals all.
    peace,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete