Thursday, January 19, 2017

Blackout Poetry (Some Old Some New)

Here are the latest additions to my Blackout Poetry page. Some are old and some are new.


TOO FAR

The trees shake
The world is weary
The gash of the bullet
Has gone too far

BEHIND THE SHADOWS

A framed photo locked
Their faces together.
The two of them laughing
Behind the shadows.

BATTLES

Like anyone else
I face battles of
human weakness
And faint heart.

MADNESS

Look upon the madness
On the ridge of today. 

KEEPSAKE

The briefest moment;
Different lives.
His voice...
Her heart...
Tears...
And a keepsake.


RED WHITE BLACK AND BLUE

The crowd needs someone,
NOW!
A bright spot on the
Roadmap to teach
The next generation.
PLEASE!

SERVICE

Boys became men.
Their courage paid
for my ordinary life.

DIVINE INTERVENTION

The news came...
My life ceased...
He took over.

4 comments:

  1. These are stunning! Do you plan them out? Find the words first? Then create the art around them? What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, thank you for visiting my blog, and for your interest in Blackout Poetry. I appreciate your comment and compliments. I find Blackout Poetry very fun. I can not take credit for the idea, if you Google Blackout or Found Poetry you find much to choose from. When the mood strikes I search through old books that I have searching for poems. I usually do not read the page...I simply scan it for words that pop out at me. Once I've done that I go back and search for words that may work better to form a cohesive thought or message. Most time the original words that I chose work the best...but not always. I circle the words lightly with a pencil and at this point I create the art around the words. I almost always use Zentangle patterns and most of the time I add color. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.
    Peace,
    Sue Olsen (SuZen Art)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I really appreciate the information. I'm going to try this!
      Dense

      Delete